Tourist places in Agra – An unforgettable experience
Agra located in Uttar Pradesh along the river Yamuna is one of the highlights of visiting India. Some of India’s best tourist places are in Agra. It is largely known as a city of the Mughal Empire. It is recognized for its three UNESCO world Heritage sites like the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri. Although the city has been founded much before the time of Sikardar Lodi, Agra came into prominence during the 1504. Since then it has been ruled by the various Mughal rulers and British. This has resulted in Agra having a splendid and fascinating history. It is the epitome of culture and heritage.
Agra boasts of an exhaustive list of major tourist places and monuments but these are overshadowed by the magnificence of the Taj Mahal. Since Agra is one of the most popular tourist attractions, it is equipped to handle tourists and vacationers. It has arrangements and facilities that make the tourist’s life easy. So for people visiting Agra leave your worries at home and enjoy the brilliant experience Agra has to offer.
Must visit places are-
1. Taj Mahal – Words are not enough to describe the beauty, serenity and etherealness of the greatest symbol of love he Taj Mahal. It was built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. It is a pure marble mausoleum.
2. Agra Fort – It is a UNESCO world heritage site. It very close to the Taj Mahal. It was a brick fort originally belonging to the Rajputs but was later captured by the Mughals. It used to house the Kohinoor diamond at one time.
3. Itmad-Ud-Daulah’s Tomb – Itmad-ud-daula is of great significance in terms of both history as well as architecture. It is the very first tomb in India that is entirely made out of Marble. It is actually a mausoleum and the tomb of Mir Ghiyas, a minister of Shah Jahan who was also honored with the title of Itimad-ud-Daulah or the pillar of the state.
4. Mehtab Bagh – Mehtab Bagh is a moon light garden situated north to the Taj Mahal on the opposite to the river Yamuna. The garden is called as the Moonlight garden as it gives a splendid view of the Taj in the moonlit nights. It an exhibition of the Mughal Empire’s grandeur. It has varied species of flowers and provides a great atmosphere and scenic view especially during sunrise and sunset. It is a must visit for the natural beauty admirers.
5. Jama Masjid – It was commissioned by Princess Jahanara Begum, the daughter of Emperor Shah Jahan. .The red sandstone mosque is very simple and has just a little use of white marble. It has great religious significance.It is a aesthetic architectural marvel and is close to the Agra Fort.
These are just few of the places to visit in Agra. Other tourist places in Agra include the Chini Ka Rauza, Akbar’s Tomb, Ram Bagh and Guru Ka Tal. For people visiting India, Agra is a must visit. Ones trip to India is no way complete without visiting Agra.